Founders of the Church of the Brethren embraced a lifestyle that was wary of excessive material goods and wealth. Cooperation for the common good of all was much more important to them. At Skyridge this heritage remains among us in our high concern for mindful, careful use of material goods and in actively caring for the earth. This includes:
- Encouraging and practicing conscientious, earth-friendly consumer choices.
- Adopting a Styrofoam-free policy for the building nearly twenty years ago.
- Constructing a partially earth-sheltered, energy efficient building in 1989.
- Planting native flowers, grasses, and shrubs in a drainage basin on church property to provide habitat for pollinators.
- Continuing conversations about energy efficiency, grounds, and eco-friendly ways of living.